Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Year's Welcome for New Elizabeth Fellows!


Welcome New Elizabeth Fellows!

We are so excited to welcome 11 new sophomore fellows and 3 new junior fellows into the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation.  Read on to learn a little bit about each fellow’s unique skills and goals.

Tianna Alston (Sophomore)- “I see myself as a determined student.  I hope that after finishing high school, I will be able to continue on to college.  Since I was five years old, I have wanted to be a nurse.  I love the thought of being able to help people in need.”

Mohammadi Amena (Sophomore)- “I am a hardworking student.  I always look for opportunities that are valuable for my future.  I want to go to college because it will create a better future for me.  I admire Malala Yousafzai, the girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban.  It makes me realize how important education is for all people.”

Carlos Bautista (Sophomore)- “As a student, I would describe myself as a curious, motivated, trustworthy, and a hardworking pupil that wishes to contribute to his school and community by doing his best.  I enjoy learning because I am very curious, and enjoy learning concepts and principles that make the world function.”

Kerri Brodie (Sophomore)- “I love learning new things in areas that interest me like science, interior design, and child development. I would like to attend NC A&T on a full scholarship majoring in Child Development and Early Education.  I learn best by working hard and learning from my mistakes”

Sophia Caron (Sophomore)- “I really hope to go to NC State and eventually become an FBI agent.  I like the idea of helping the government and protecting people around me.  The two people that I admire most are my mom and grandmother.  My mom always tells me to give one hundred percent and never give up.”

Zahra Fatima (Sophomore)- “I hope to be a doctor when I grow up, because I am really interested in biology.  I also want to be a doctor, because I like to help people.  I think this field will make me happy.”

Ahyanna Griffith (Junior)- “As a student, I am enthusiastic, out-going, and a good learner.  I love learning because knowledge can give you experience to craft the person who you want to become.  One day, I do hope to go to college and study medicine.”

Ayesha Jaleel (Junior)- “I feel if I want to be successful, it’s important to constantly be making new goals, and setting the goals higher by working hard.  This summer, I would like to volunteer at REX hospital and work with people who are suffering from cancer.”

Kadiejatu Johnson (Sophomore)- “In my future career, I want to work with computers and do graphic design.  I developed my love of learning from my dad.  I definitely hope to go to college to advance my potential for working in the real world.”

Ty’sean Judd (Sophomore)- “The idea of expanding my mind on a daily basis inspires me.  Chemistry is by far my favorite subject.  My first choice for a career is play basketball, but I also think about doing something in chemistry.”

Ketsia Liteli (Junior)- “Ever since I was little, I found myself fascinated with the jobs of doctors and nurses.  Hospitals were seen as these busy centers brimming with people who, I thought, had an unimaginable amount of knowledge.  If I was going to be somebody, it would be somebody in the medical field.”

Samantha Messie (Sophomore)- “I do my best both inside and outside of school to ensure that I understand and can apply what I have been taught.  I do all I do in school just to achieve two goals: successfully finish college and begin a profession in which I excel and enjoy myself.”

Juan Reyes Ortiz (Sophomore)-“When I grow up, I want to be a professional soccer player.  I would also like to study in the fields of mythology and history.  I love learning about mythological creatures and gods as well as ancient civilizations.”

Cristian Tompkins (Sophomore)- “Right now I’m striving to be a nurse in a pediatric ward.  My children development class has made me realize my love for small children.  Every kid deserves a good childhood and I want to give that to a sick child.”
 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment